3. It was not light enough where the leader delivered his speech; the speech is too long; the handwriting was too small to be recognized clearly by General Manager Liu; six-layer cake collapsed; there was noise in multi-function hall after the activity began; some staffs on the second floor crowed there to watch , etc. These problems were due to a lack of operating experience and thoughtfulness. Therefore, it is suggested that rehearsal should be performed beforehand to guarantee the success of future similar programs.
4. Although all the staffs had been trained, it had not achieved the expected effect. The first problem is that the servants cannot greet guests with canonical and decent sentences; the second is that their spoken English is by no means satisfactory. No matter whether a servant or a manager, nobody can serve or greet guests in English, which disqualified what is called a three-star hotel and presented a great gap from the future development strategy and the market competition. It is desirable that if only there are foreign guests in certain activities in the future, all managers including middle and upper ones should be trained and supervised. Besides, graduates from universities and technical secondary schools should be provided uniforms and be trained and serve foreign guests to enhance the hotel’s grade and image.
5. When the activity came to the end at 7 -.50 pm, some props (masks, Christmas hats, and so on) and acoustics should be prepared. The host should organize those who would like to continue the jollification but who would feel embarrassed to go to the multi-functional hall for more activities in order to make them fully satisfied.
6. The activities are mainly centered on the Guangyu Bar only and the political atmosphere is too dense. In this aspect, our marketing personnel should learn from Lanhai and make great efforts to achieve a combination of social benefits with economic benefits La ciudad prohibida beijing china as well as a combination of long-term benefits with short-term benefits.
7. The general manager office and marketing department should carefully deal with advertising materials, picture and videos, especially make good preparation, delivery, utilization and preservation of the materials which can bring back beautiful memories to participants and can build a positive image for the hotel.
With a lack of effective supervising mechanism, the hotel will not increase its reputation and commercial vigor even though it can attract guests through marketing . The Dongying Hotel set up a quality department in 1999, however, due to a lack of correct guidance and management methods, this department has already become the “Fining department” in essence. If the self-institutions and management criterions have not been established, the responsibilities of quality management department in modem hotels cannot be realized. Therefore, only by promoting marketing on one hand and supervising internal service on the other can the operating mechanism of modem hotel be effectively established and can the hotel gain a firm management platform in future competition.